Spring springs into being today! Happy Ostara! On this day there is a balance between day and night because the sun is exactly above the Equator. Life is balanced at the moment for me. Stress and anxiety for my visa application – and now starting to hammer out wedding details – and joy and mirth over said upcoming nuptials as well as spending time with family and friends (Friends who I haven’t gotten to yet, I promise you’re on the list. Yes, there is a list.). After today, the length of daylight will bypass that of night’s darkness, as I hope times of happiness will outnumber those of distress.
I will have a nice little outing this afternoon with two who are dear to me. We will have something sweet to drink and walk around, generally enjoying each other’s company. Maybe stop by a craft or dollar store to get fake flowers for a floral crown. I’m an adult. I do what I like.
The visa application saga continues. I paid the [huge] fee. At that point, I was able to upload scanned documents to a third party. This was delayed because some of the wording made it sound like, in addition to providing my own passport in person, I’d also have to provide my fiancé’s physical passport rather than a scan. This confusion meant I had to contact UK government ($3 per email) to ask for clarification. I almost lost my mind when the response said, “You do have to sent the original British passport to prove our places of citizenship, you only have to sent the copy of the British passport.” Also, that the onus was on me to make sure everything is done correctly. I thought, “Well, I’m trying to!” After one more round of emails, it was cleared up. A copy of his is fine. Phew! Knowing everything was going to be all right on the paperwork front, I got my biometrics interview scheduled for the 28th. The third party requested more documents than expected though. I’m relieved I keep an official copy of my transcript. There are a few other documents I will have to hunt for, but it’ll be all right. My fiancé also had to scan and send me a few more documents, including a letter of invitation to stay with him. All the documents must be uploaded by the day prior to my interview. No problem. I’m taking care of that stuff now. I imagine I will stay at a low level of anxiety until I get through the interview, but the major stress has dissipated now that I’ve paid and cleared up my big concern. I will report back once the interview takes place.
Here are this week’s suggestions for fun and enriching activities:
- Relaxing Music: “Reflection” by George Winston. You can listen to it on YouTube or find the album on Amazon or streaming.
- Soothing Sounds: “Supper and Stones at Babblebrook Inn” by Goodnight Moon. Absolutely beautiful.
- Puzzle: Countdown. You can find the game here. Try to make the longest word you can using the letters provided.
- Movie: The Princess and the Frog (2009). You can find it on Amazon or on a streaming service.
- Creative Prompt (write, draw, paint, sculpt, photograph, or collage something based on this subject): spring
- Mythology Lesson: The Erinyes. Read about them here, and do a little further research if the mood takes you!
- Short Reading: “The Frog-Prince.” You can read and listen to it here.
Try one per day or everything every day, and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying a more vibrant daily round.