I had a strange week. After posting my passport and other documents, there was nothing left to do for the visa application until they get in touch with me. Wedding invitations went out last week. Space is so limited. I hope I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings, but family alone took up most of the invites. I went to the gym and took a few things out of my storage unit. I kicked around story ideas, watched the Game Grumps, and played a little World of Warcraft. But I felt lost. The period of intense hyper-focus left me drained once it was over. I even felt hung over the next day. There are a couple health issues I’ve been trying to figure out, which took me off of my iron supplement for about a week. I’m anemic most of the time, so I really need it unless it’s causing my other health issue. Based on the general malaise and lethargy I felt last week (not to mention a harder time working out), I decided to get back on the iron tablets by the weekend. Being off the iron didn’t seem to impact the other thing, so there was no point anyway.
By the by, World Health Day is this Thursday! Take care of yourself, others, and the planet, please. Seems like a reasonable request.
Sorry this wasn’t really much of a post. I’m just feeling a bit off.
Here are this week’s suggestions for fun and enriching activities:
- Relaxing Music: “Only Time” by Enya. You can listen to it on YouTube or find her album A Day Without Rain on Amazon or streaming.
- Soothing Sounds: “Relaxing Snow Falling and Wind Blowing” by Relax Sleep ASMR.
- Puzzle: Sudoku. You can find the game here along with everything you need to know about how to play.
- Movie: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996). You can find it on Amazon or on a streaming service.
- Creative Prompt (write, draw, paint, sculpt, photograph, or collage something based on this subject): festival
- Mythology Lesson: Dionysus. Read about him here, and do a little further research if the mood takes you!
- Short Reading: “The Glass Coffin.” You can read it here, or you can listen to it on YouTube.
Try one activity per day, and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying a more vibrant daily round.