I had a rough week. Head cold then ate some stuff that really didn’t agree with me, and my workout yesterday has absolutely destroyed me even though I only did my normal cardio routine. My muscles hurt. Very bizarre. I have accomplished almost all the tasks I needed to do in March and April. The thought of just sitting and waiting for over a month for my application response and wedding is eating at me, I think. I don’t think the feeling will last. I just have to get through it. Know what that means? King’s Quest marathon. I know we’re only on #4 of the series this month, but here I go! There are few games more charming and infuriating, and because of that, they help me work through my unhappy feelings. I’ll return to you re-energized.
Here are this week’s suggestions for enriching activities:
- Relaxing Music: “Living in the Country” by George Winston. You can listen to it on YouTube or find his album Summer on Amazon or streaming.
- Soothing Sounds: “Letters at Babblebrook Inn” by Goodnight Moon.
- Puzzle: Jeopardy. You can find the game here along with everything you need to know about how to play.
- Movie: Enchanted (2007). You can find it on Amazon or on a streaming service.
- Creative Prompt (write, draw, paint, sculpt, photograph, or collage something based on this subject): stained glass window
- Mythology Lesson: Hera. Read about her here, and do a little further research if the mood takes you!
- Short Reading: “The Glass Mountain.” You can read it here, or you can listen to it on YouTube.
Try one activity per day, and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying a more vibrant daily round.