As August comes to an end, I’m having a terrible bout of sinus issues. I never had allergies before I started spending long stretches of time in the UK. Now my nose can’t seem to acclimate to England’s weather OR Louisiana’s. A most unfortunate development. Lots and lots of water and some meds are my companions at the moment. Hopefully, they will stave off this flareup. In the meantime, I hope my face doesn’t explode.
I missed my Sunday update, but better late than never. Tomorrow is the completion of my 6-week recovery since my hysterectomy. My doctor’s appointment is Friday, wherein I should get the all clear to bathe, work out, and have sexual contact. I’ve been dying for a long soak in the bath with a book. I am no longer spotting (after overdoing it), and there hasn’t been any pain for a while. I didn’t bounce back as quickly as I had hoped, but I feel like I’ve healed well. That’s enough for me.
I’ve been watching some morning routine and slow living videos lately, which I really enjoy, but every now and then something snags my attention and pulls me out of the relaxation the videos normally provide. Usually a store name dropped or a product that I know to be super expensive used. I think it’s just the idea that these content creators claim to espouse modest lifestyles but then clearly don’t actually live them. You’re not “roughing it” if you shop at Whole Foods or Waitrose and Fortnum & Mason, have your entire home hooked up to Alexa, and use all brand-spanking new Apple products. There’s certainly nothing wrong with using high quality items, but have some integrity. Be honest. Maybe my allergies have me feeling more prickly than usual.
As I said before, I’m not giving monthly topics for September since I didn’t get around to assigning August’s until the middle of the month. “Assigning.” Makes having fun sound like work. Haha! Anyway, here are this week’s suggestions for enrichment:
- Relaxing Music: “Rainsong” by George Winston. You can listen to it here or find the album Plains on Amazon* or streaming.
- Soothing Sounds: Tea Time Cinematic ASMR by Moonlight Cottage ASMR.
- Puzzle: Mahjongg. You can find the game here along with everything you need to know about how to play.
- Movie: Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003). You can find it on Amazon* or on a streaming service.
- Creative Prompt (write, draw, paint, sculpt, photograph, or collage something based on this subject): air
- Mythology Lesson: Eris. Read about her here, and do a little further research if the mood takes you!
- Short Reading: “The Well of the World’s End.” You can read it here, or you can listen to it on YouTube.
Try one per day or everything every day, and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying a more vibrant daily round.
*These are Amazon Affiliate links.
Sorry this wasn’t a more upbeat blog entry. I’ll consume some of the above enrichment to perk myself up and come back strong next week.