Post-Op Update: Friday, my doctor gave me the green light to return to a pretty much normal life. I can soak in the bathtub, return to the gym (just no heavy weights yet), sip some wine, and have non-penetrative sexual contact. I will have a final checkup in a couple weeks to make sure that one little bit that is still tender has finished healing; this checkup should let me go 100% back to normal. I am over the moon. Six weeks without a bath was torture.
One of my favorite things to do in the bath is read. A novel, history notes, gaming ideas – it doesn’t matter! I take a highlighter and pen with me to annotate all my bath time texts. It’s just fun. Speaking of reading, Thursday is International Literacy Day, which celebrates and advocates for literacy as a matter of dignity and human rights. The written word is a beautiful art form and means of communication between the living and across generations. Literacy empowers people to learn, to communicate, and to express themselves in ways not always otherwise available. Whether you’re studying Shakespeare or sending a quick text, you’re taking part in that web of words. I like that thought.
Visa Update: Nothing. It’s been 11 weeks. Still waiting.
Here are this week’s suggestions for fun and enriching activities:
- Relaxing Music: “The Celts” by Enya. You can listen to it on YouTube or find the album of the same name on Amazon* or streaming.
- Soothing Sounds: Library Sounds by The Guild of Ambience. It has a lovely autumn vibe.
- Puzzle: Sudoku. You can find the game here along with everything you need to know about how to play.
- Movie: Inside Out (2015). You can find it on Amazon* or on a streaming service.
- Creative Prompt (write, draw, paint, sculpt, photograph, or collage something based on this subject): school
- Mythology Lesson: Hades. Read about him here, and do a little further research if the mood takes you!
- Short Reading: “Thumbelina.” You can read it here, or you can listen to it on YouTube.
Try one per day or everything every day, and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying a more vibrant daily round.
*These are Amazon Affiliate links.
What are you reading right now?